The Quiet Resorts
Select an Area
Quick Search for Homes for Sale in The Quiet Resorts, DE
From beautiful Bethany Beach south and west, the towns of Bethany, South Bethany, Fenwick Island, Ocean View, Millville, Clarksville, Frankford, and Dagsboro are referred to as “The Quiet Resorts”. Each is unique in its history but all share a turn-of-the century small town feel and architecture ranging from gorgeous old Victorians to farmhouses, cottages, and beautiful new homes.
Bethany Beach, founded in 1901, boasts Atlantic Ocean beaches, a mile-long boardwalk, terrific restaurants and shops, and a Bandstand where free musical performances take place every weekend from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Town parks, The Bethany Beach Nature Center, Bethany Beach Farmers Market, golf and tennis venues, ocean beaches and the bay provide a limitless variety of activities for residents and visitors alike. House hunters will find expansive new communities offering every amenity, beach neighborhoods with a mix of older cottages and spectacular new homes, and tree lined streets in relatively moderately priced communities.
South Bethany is largely a residential community that bills itself “The Best Little Beach in Delaware”. Ocean View (founded 1889) and Millville (founded 1906) are quaint, long established communities that date back to Colonial times and offer residents that old fashioned small town feeling just minutes from the beach.
Fenwick Island is a barrier island situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Little Assawoman Bay at the southeastern tip of Delaware. The Town of Fenwick Island was incorporated in 1953, but has been the site of the Fenwick Island Lighthouse since 1859. A bridge connecting the island to the mainland was first built in 1880. Since then, Fenwick Island has become a popular summer destination for families, fishermen, boaters, water sports enthusiasts, and beach babies - and a year round home for some who couldn’t bear to leave after Labor Day weekend.
There’s always something going on in The Quiet Resorts. Here are just a few examples:
- Annual Ocean to Bay Bike Tour every spring
- Ocean View Town Homecoming, May
- Bethany Beach Seaside Craft Show, June
- Annual Taste of Coastal Delaware, Sea Colony, Bethany, June
- Annual Bethany Beach Fourth of July Parade
- Annual Bethany Beach Boardwalk Arts Festival, September
- Annual Quiet Resorts Fall Birding Weekend, October
- Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce - www.bethany-fenwick.org
- Bethany Beach Farmers Market - www.bethanybeachfarmersmarket.com
- Fenwick Island State Park - www.destateparts.com/parks/fenwick-island
- DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum - www.discoversea.com