Check out Delaware’s Medical Facilities
Delaware and Healthcare: Finding New Reliable, Trustworthy Doctors and Professionals
Boomers navigating the current market and considering retiring or relocating soon, an article in Forbes says, “There’s no single strategy that works for everybody—these days, retirement can mean very different things for different people."
"But no matter where you fall on the spectrum, one thing’s for certain, check out the area’s medical care."
Here’s a List of Delaware Hospitals
Many retirees endeavor to experience an active lifestyle. But relocating at any age is stressful and doing so when you retire can be a particular challenge. Many of our clients have lived in their home for 25 to 35 years or more. As you can imagine, access to quality healthcare is very important to them, as well as finding a new reliable, trustworthy and professionals accepting new patients.
“People often ask me about the quality of hospitals and medical care here in Coastal Delaware. So many of our newcomers are planning to make this their permanent residence when they retire, it’s a common concern. As we age, access to top doctors and state-of-the-art facilities is important. We are very lucky here to have some of the area’s best hospitals.” -Kathy Sperl Bell, Broker
Boomer Movers: As you consider your new LOCAL life in Delaware, spend time and research your medical options, consider the proximity to the nearest hospital, the emergency response time to your residence, access to primary care physicians and specialists and where you will have to go for specialized treatment. Read More.
You may also want to ask, if the neighborhoods you are interested in provide medical services? If there are no on-site health care facilities, then how far must one travel? Does the community provide in-home health services, or are local physicians willing to make house calls?
Bayhealth Medical Center
- Kent General Hospital - Dover
- Milford Memorial Hospital - Milford
- Bayhealth Emergency Center, Smyrna - Smyrna
- Beebe Medical Center - Lewes
- Millville Emergency Room - Millville Operated as a summer emergency room due to influx of tourists.
Catholic Health East / Formerly HOPE Ministries
- St. Francis Hospital - Wilmington
Christiana Care Health System / Formerly Medical Centers of Delaware (MCD)
- Christiana Hospital - Newark
- Middletown Emergency Department - Middletown
- Wilmington Hospital - Wilmington
Nanticoke Health Services
- Nanticoke Memorial Hospital - Seaford
- Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children - Wilmington
State of Delaware
- Delaware Hospital for the Chronically Ill - Smyrna
- Delaware Psychiatric Center - Wilmington
- Emily P. Bissell Hospital - Wilmington
- Wilmington VA Medical Center - Elsmere